1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Like many other websites, we automatically collect information about your internet connection, such as:
- The IP address of the server you used to access the internet;
- The name of the website from which you linked directly to our Site;
- The date and time you access our Site; and
- The pages you visit.
This information ("Non-Personal Information") does NOT identify you personally. We use this Non-Personal Information to monitor the effectiveness of the Site, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Site.
If you choose to use certain features and functions of the Site, we ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") without which these features cannot work. By providing such information, you consent to our collection and use of it, as described in this Privacy Statement. We do not collect any Personal Information about you when you visit the Site unless you give us that information.
The Personal Information you provide includes information provided during any registration process, including contact information, such as your name, organization name, address, and email address, and information about your interests and preferences.
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information obtained from you to provide services that you request; respond to your questions or inquiries; identify areas of user interest; and consider potential improvements to our Site.
Specific ways we use information include:
- You can contact us directly with questions or comments regarding our services or to request information by following the links on the "Contact Us" section of our Site. These links require you to give certain Personal Information so that we may respond to your inquiry.
- For distribution purposes, you provide Personal Information if you request materials from us. We may also use your Personal Information to determine the level of interest in our offerings.
- We may use your Personal Information to get in touch with you regarding the status of your online requests for services or any additional information you requested. We may use your Personal Information to determine whether you qualify for any services for which you request online.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you regarding additional services and features or requesting your feedback about your experience with the Site.
- If you submit a friend's email address to make use of our "Send Page" feature, we use the email address to mail your message and then delete it from our records.
We provide links on the Site to other sites of interest. We do not endorse the content of these sites or guarantee that they will abide by this Privacy Statement. Your use of such linked sites is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the providers of those sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personal Information.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or trade or provide Personal Information to marketing companies or information brokers. We do ocassionally trade or provide Personal Information to other nonprofit organizations with whom we have a partnership relationship. Additionally, we will disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
Like any other site, we may be asked to provide Personal Information in certain types of legal or law enforcement proceedings.
We may use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services, and they may have access to Personal Information. For example, we may outsource one or more aspects of our Site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements. In these cases we will restrict through written agreements how these suppliers or service providers may use or disclose the Personal Information to which they have access.
Please remember that, although we endeavor to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to customer privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
6. CHILDREN AND PARENTS
If you are under fifteen (15), we strongly encourage you to use this Site only with the knowledge of a parent or guardian. Any information you submit will be treated in accordance with the policies in this Privacy Statement.
7. PROVIDING AND RECEIVING INFORMATION
You can always choose not to provide information or to opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. We give users the following options:
Email us about your concerns, or call (707) 472-2450.
Our mailing address is Solar Living Institute, PO Box 836, Hopland, CA 95449.
8. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we do make a change, we will post the revised Privacy Statement on this Site. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically. Questions, comments, or complaints about our privacy policies should be submitted to us by one of the methods listed above.