Solar PV Sales: Economics and Financing (Online)
Further your understanding of the factors that affect the cost and profitability of a solar PV system.
Develop greater understanding and expertise in the factors that affect the cost and profitability of a solar photovoltaic (PV) system with this self-paced, 4-6 hour online solar course. Explore the deeper details on how to calculate and provide data in regard to system sizing, cost, production, and payback to present a compelling value proposition to a potential solar customer.
The course begins with a discussion of the factors that affect the financial viability of an investment in a PV system and the assumptions behind financial estimates. It presents in detail the five principle ways one analyzes the finances of a PV investment and then shows how to build the financial case through cash flow modeling. Throughout the course students are given examples and practice in calculating returns using the various models.
Solar PV Sales: Economics and Financing Course Features
- Five interactive self-paced online modules delivered with a mix of text, images, practice activities and assessments
- The second of our three courses designed to address the NABCEP task analysis for PV Technical Sales for Professional Recertification
- Questions answered by solar sales professionals via email
- Connect with peers through discussion forums and chat
- Estimated time to complete this course is 4-6 hours
- Course materials available for reference and review for 1 year after registration
Solar PV Sales: Economics and Financing Course Topics
- PV finance fundamentals
- Financial analysis for solar PV investment
- Cash flow modeling for the “Do-Nothing Case”
- Cash flow modeling for the “Base Case”
- Cash flow modeling for the “Solar PV System Case”
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that affect the financial viability of a PV investment for a customer
- Explain recompense and describe concepts of predictability, option value, and underlying assumption financial estimates
- List the merits and limitations of common analysis tools (payback, ROI, NPV, IRR and LEC)
- Calculate values for each of these approaches to analyzing a PV system investment
- Explain the elements of the various scenarios in cash-flow modeling
- Work through the steps and calculations for the “Do-Nothing” case, the “Base Case”, and the “Solar PV System” case scenarios
This course builds on the concepts presented in our Solar PV Sales: Fundamentals online course. Equivalent knowledge/experience in PV including customer and site analyses, PV system sizing, essential components of solar sales proposals, utility rates, rebates and incentives and various ways to determine investment returns may be substituted at your discretion.
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet programs will be helpful.
Minimum Computer Requirements
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 6+, FireFox 3.0+, Chrome 2.0+, or Safari 3.1+
- Flash Player
- Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 pixels
For pre-registration questions, call 866-423-6475 or email email@example.com.
After your payment is received, you will receive an email confirming your purchase and then a separate email from @slilivewire.com with information required to log into the online course.
- If you do not receive the login information email within 24 hours, please check your email provider’s spam/junk mail folder
- If you have already registered for one of our other online solar training courses, you will be able to re-use your login information from the other course
- Since every student needs their own course login, each registration for this course must be purchased separately
Post-Registration Technical Support
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210) 254-1027.
Refunds, less a $40 processing fee, can be requested for up to (3) days following purchase assuming modules have been reviewed but not completed.