Solar PV Sales: Fundamentals (Online)
Provides the tools to establish and grow a successful solar PV sales business.
This interactive, self-paced, 4-6 hour online solar course provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to enter the fast-growing field of solar sales. Whether you are a general contractor evaluating the addition of solar sales to your business, an experienced sales pro thinking of shifting into solar sales or just starting your career selling solar PV systems, this course provides the technical fundamentals you need.
Beginning with an overview of the solar industry and composition of PV systems, the course proceeds to cover customer needs assessment, site analysis, economic incentives and utility rate structures. Interwoven throughout the course are the principles of a solar code of ethics and practice activities and exercises so that you can be confidently provide customers with clear and accurate information about their solar PV options based on specific needs and the site conditions.
Solar PV Sales: Fundamentals Course Features
- Five interactive self-paced online learning modules delivered with a mix of text, images, practice activities, and assessments
- The first of our three courses designed to address the NABCEP task analysis for PV Technical Sales for Professionals
- Questions answered by solar sales professionals via email
- Connect with peers through discussion forums and chat
- Estimated time to complete this course is 4-6 hours
- Course materials available for reference and review for 1 year after registration
Solar PV Sales: Fundamentals Course Topics
- PV system overview
- Customer requirements analysis
- Site requirements analysis
- Solar PV rebates and incentives
- Utility rates and structures
- Solar sales code of ethics (woven throughout the course)
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the components of a solar photovoltaic (PV) system
- Understand and explain photovoltaics and the installation process
- Demonstrate the ability to work with solar consultants’ tools
- Analyze a customer’s energy usage and design an appropriate solar solution
- Describe the importance of the industry’s code of ethics
- Conduct a site visit safely
- Assess the feasibility of a site for a solar system
- Inform customers of available rebate and incentives
- Calculate shading measurements and rebate/incentives
- Prepare a compelling PV proposal (and know when the offer is not compelling)
There are no requirements for this course. A basic understanding of sales practices is helpful.
Minimum Computer Requirements
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 6+, FireFox 3.0+, Chrome 2.0+, or Safari 3.1+
- Flash Player
- Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 pixels
For pre-registration questions, call 866-423-6475 or email email@example.com.
After your payment is received, you will receive an email confirming your purchase and then a separate email from @slilivewire.com with information required to log into the online course.
- If you do not receive the login information email within 24 hours, please check your email provider’s spam/junk mail folder
- If you have already registered for one of our other online solar training courses, you will be able to re-use your login information from the other course
- Since every student needs their own course login, each registration for this course must be purchased separately
Post-Registration Technical Support
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210) 254-1027.
Refunds, less a $40 processing fee, can be requested for up to (3) days following purchase assuming modules have been reviewed but not completed.