Compost tea is not what you buy at the garden supply center and mix with water. The most powerful and effective compost teas are made from real live compost! In this course you will learn how to make specialized “true compost teas” for specific crops, needs, purposes and uses.
Learn how to make compost teas that are balanced, living and effective. Learn how to save hundreds, even thousands of dollars by building your own Vortex Tea Brewer. We will be building one during the course! Everyone will even leave with live compost tea samples...
3 Hands-on Experience Opportunities:
- Designing and Building the Vortex Compost Tea Brewer for the Solar Living Institute!
- Making, Analyzing and Applying Living Teas Using Fresh Live Compost.
- Live Microscope Demonstration, an Introduction to “Compost Tea Life Under the Lens”.
Course Topics Include:
- Understanding How to Identify and Make World Class Compost at Home
- Designing and Building the Vortex Compost Tea Brewer for the Solar Living Institute
- Making Different Types of Compost Tea for Different Needs and Uses
- How to Use Compost Teas to prevent and/or Control Pests in Your Garden
- How to Make Compost to Control Molds and Fungus on Plants and Crops
- Using Compost Teas to Minimize Weeds While Maximizing the Benefit to Cops and Plants
- Compost Teas That Increase Growth Rates, Plant Health and Nutritional Content of Crops
- Understanding the Basics of Healthy Compost Tea Micro-organisms Using a Microscope
- Vortex Brewer Options, Care and Maintenance
Join us for this detailed course covering the process of making great compost teas that can be used to eliminate pests, disease, molds and fungus while adding to the growth rate, health and disease resistance of your plants. Includes details about what tools and materials are necessary to make specialized compost teas for yourself! Hope you can join us for the amazing course appropriately being held at one of California's oldest and most successful Permaculture demonstration/education sites, The Solar Living Institute!
Presented by: Nor Cal Aquaponics, www.norcalaquaponics.com and www.solarliving.org
Instructor: Max Meyers, Aquaponics Specialist,/Registered Aquaculturist/Permaculture Designer. We feel very fortunate to have Max Meyers as our core instructor for this course. With almost 20 years of experience in Permaculture, Sustainable Water systems and Aquaponics, he is a invaluable member of our team.