Develop greater understanding and expertise in the factors that affect the cost and profitability of a Solar PV System. Explore the deeper details on how to calculate and provide data in regard to system sizing, cost, production, and payback to present a compelling value proposition to a potential solar customer.
The course begins with a discussion of the factors that affect the financial viability of an investment in a PV system and the assumptions behind financial estimates. It presents in detail the five principle ways one analyzes the finances of a PV investment and then shows how to build the financial case through cash flow modeling. Throughout the course students are given examples and practice in calculating returns using the various models.
- Five interactive self-paced eLearning modules delivered with a mix of text, images, practice activities and assessments
- The second of three courses designed to address the NABCEP task analysis for PV Technical Sales for Professional Recertification
- Questions answered by solar sales professionals via email.
- Connect with peers through discussion forums and chats.
- Estimated time to complete this course is 4-6 hours.
- Course materials available for reference and review for 1 year after registration.
- PV Finance Fundamentals
- Financial Analysis for Solar PV Investment
- Cash Flow Modeling - Do Nothing
- Cash Flow Modeling - Base Case
- Cash Flow Modeling - Solar Electric PV case
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that affect the financial viability of a PV investment for a customer.
Explain recompense and describe concepts of predictability, option value and underlying assumption financial estimates.
- List the merits and limitations of common analysis tools (payback, ROI, NPV, IRR and LEC) Calculate values for each of these approaches to analyzing a PV system investment.
- Explain the elements of the various scenarios in Cash-Flow Modeling
- Work through the steps and calculations for the Do-Nothing, Base Case, and PV System scenarios
This course builds on the concepts presented in Solar PV Sales Fundamentals and Solar PV Sales: Economics and Finance. Equivalent knowledge/experience in PV including customer and site analyses, PV system sizing, essential components of solar sales proposals, utility rates, rebates and incentives and various ways to determine investment returns may be substituted at the learner’s discretion. Familiarity with Excel or other spreadsheet programs will be helpful.
Minimum Computer Requirements
Browser Internet Explorer 6,7,8, FireFox 3.0, Chrome 2.0 or Safari 3.1
Screen Resolution 1024 X 768 pixels
LAN Speed 10 Mbps
Internet Connection Speed 256 Kbps
CPU/Processor Pentium III/IV and above
Operating System Windows 2000/XP
RAM 256 MB
Hard Disk Space 1 GB
Sound Card Required, 16-bit
Color Depth 32-bit (highest)
Java Runtime Environment JRE 1.4.2_08
For pre-registration questions, call toll-free (866) 423-6475 or email Solar Living Institute's Online Course Support.
Because students will receive individual confirmations and log in information to the online program, the person registering must provide an email address for each attendee being registered.
After Registration Technical Support
Please email email@example.com or call (210) 254-1027.
Refunds, less a $40 processing fee, can be requested for up to (3) days following purchase assuming modules have been reviewed but not completed.