This interactive, self-paced online course provides the essential knowledge and skills needed to enter the fast-growing field of solar sales. Whether you are a general contractor evaluating the addition of solar sales to your business, an experienced sales pro thinking of shifting into solar sales or just starting your career selling solar PV systems, this course provides the technical fundamentals you need.
Beginning with an overview of the solar industry and composition of PV systems, the course proceeds to cover customer needs assessment, site analysis, economic incentives and utility rate structures. Interwoven throughout the course are the principles of a solar code of ethics and practice activities and exercises so that you can be confidently provide customers with clear and accurate information about their solar PV options based on specific needs and the site conditions.
• Five interactive self-paced eLearning modules delivered with a mix of text, images, practice activities and assessments.
• The first of three courses designed to address the NABCEP task analysis for PV Technical Sales for Professional Recertification
• Questions answered by solar sales professionals via email.
• Connect with peers through discussion forums.
• Estimated time to complete this course is 4-6 hours.
• Course materials available for reference and review for 1 year after registration.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Identify the components of a solar PV system
• Understand and explain photovoltaics (PV) and the installation process
• Demonstrate the ability to work with solar consultants' tools
• Analyze a customer's energy usage and design an appropriate solar solution
• Describe the importance of the industry's CODE OF ETHICS
• Conduct a site visit safely
• Assess the feasibility of a site for a solar system
• Inform customers of available rebate and incentives
• Calculate shading measurements and rebate/incentives
• Prepare a compelling PV proposal (and know when the offer is not compelling)
Topics Covered Include
• PV System Overview
• Customer Requirements Analysis
• Site Requirements Analysis
• Solar PV Rebates and Incentives
• Utility Rates & Structures
• Solar Sales Code of Ethics (woven throughout the course)
There are no requirements for this course. A basic understanding of sales practices is helpful.
Minimum Computer Requirements
Browser Internet Explorer 6,7,8, FireFox 3.0, Chrome 2.0 or Safari 3.1
Screen Resolution 1024 X 768 pixels
LAN Speed 10 Mbps
Internet Connection Speed 256 Kbps
CPU/Processor Pentium III/IV and above
Operating System Windows 2000/XP
RAM 256 MB
Hard Disk Space 1 GB
Sound Card Required, 16-bit
Color Depth 32-bit (highest)
Java Runtime Environment JRE 1.4.2_08
For pre-registration questions, call toll-free (866) 423-6475 or email Solar Living Institute's Online Course Support.
Because students will receive individual confirmations and log in information to the online program, the person registering must provide an email address for each attendee being registered.
After Registration Technical Support
Please email email@example.com or call (210) 254-1027.
Refunds, less a $40 processing fee, can be requested for up to (3) days following purchase assuming modules have been reviewed but not completed.